Thursday, July 21, 2011

Passports: know before you go.

Alright so this is kind of a boring post, but it's important information for those of you who have a no-fee passport (the official use only one that the government issues you). Lot's of people will tell you that you can use your no-fee passport for personal travel. And while you might be able to get away with it (I'll admit it, I have), you're not supposed to.

Read this

To get yours you will need:
**$110 for 16 year olds and up, $105 for under 16. Payable by money order (you can get one at the post office, be sure to do separate ones for each passport you apply for) made out to U.S. consulate.
**2 photos 2x2 (you can go to the photo lab and get them free)
**Your ID and no-fee passport (for kids you need birth certificate and marriage certificate if it applies)
**Fill out some paperwork at the passport office.

There is no expediting them unless it's an emergency. So get in there and apply!

No comments:

Post a Comment