Friday, August 5, 2011

Best Gelato in Vicenza

 I promised to tell you the secrets of Vicenza after my trip with our Italian teacher yesterday. Sadly, I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to go see it for yourself. Many of the places she took us were actually points on interest on a tourist map that you can pick up at any tourist info shop.

Let me tell you a few... Contra' Porti, a street of beautiful homes made by a family who was constantly trying to one up each other, go take a walk down this street. One of the homes was where the original author of Romeo and Juliet died. That's right, it wasn't really Shakespeare's story. 

Corso Palladio has lot's of shopping but it's mostly clothes, if you're looking for something else (let's say a cute vintage shop or maybe a jewelry store or even a seamstress...) try walking down Corso Fogazzaro.

Looking for the best Gelato in Vicenza? I know where it is! It's called Tutto Gelato and it's on Frasche del Gambero...they've got tons of flavors and are well known for being the best in town!

1 comment: